IT Technical Support
Start Date: 1st October 2017
Salary Package: highly competitive plus bonus
Due to the expansion in our strategic global partnership with Tellabs Inc, we are currently seeking (2) French Speaking IT Technical Support Engineers to provide remote support in our European Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) for our customers in France and Central Europe.
Magellan Network Services is a rapidly growing IT Service specialist, providing IT network and infrastructure services such as installation, operations and maintenance across 145 countries globally. We operate an innovative IT Service concept managing an extensive network of certified in-country service units and thus a pool of about 2.000 IT engineers, technicians and project managers around the world. Our high demands on service quality assurance enable consistent SLA level management across countries, technologies and cultures. Originally founded in the year 2000, to provide mission critical IT Services to the air transport and aerospace industry, our customers range from sectors such as finance, telecom, high tech manufacturers, maritime and others in the meantime. Magellan is headquartered in Singapore, with regional subsidiary branches in Frankfurt, Germany and Atlanta USA.
The essential responsibility for the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is to provide post sales technical support and service for customer calls and tickets escalated via the support hotline, chat and web tickets. Troubleshooting techniques will be used to address customer problems and product knowledge to answer customer inquiries. This position will provide support for Tellabs Optical LAN which cuts across various high availability network solutions such as, but not limited to, GPON, Wireless, Metro-Ethernet, DSLAM DSL, VOIP, Core and Campus network architecture.
Technical Support Engineers are expected to use their skills and expertise to solve problems that range in severity and complexity working under guidelines for resolution and escalation to Senior Technical Support Engineers and Product Engineering/Development support. On a case by case basis occasional onsite interventions at our customer locations might also be required.
Tellabs Inc. is the leading fibre network technology pioneer of Passive Optical Network solutions and services. Tellabs is leading the future of networking with access solutions for today, poised to deliver modern high performance solutions for the future. (https://www.tellabs.com).
Applicants should have good knowledge of Ethernet Switching and Routing technologies. Experience of Optical Fibre infrastructure and Passive Optical LAN products would be a distinct advantage, although a comprehensive on boarding program including Tellabs OLAN training in the US and certification will be provided prior to the commencement of the role.
Applicants must be able to read, write and speak both French and English fluently, including the comprehension of technical concepts and terminology.
- Provides Tellabs OLAN customers with a consistently high-quality post-sales support and customer service experience.
- Takes end to end ownership of a customer case and proactively communicates case status, plan of action and resolution to the customer via the telephone, email and using our NetSuite case tracking system.
- Provides technical support to remotely troubleshoot and resolve OLAN hardware and software related cases.
- Support cases will include break-fix faults, moves, adds and changes (MACs), network audits and network heath checks.
- Manages multiple cases and prioritizes based on severity and impact to customers’ business.
- Manages case escalations to Tellabs Product Engineering Laboratory (in Dallas, USA) while maintaining customer communication.
- Works closely together with Tellabs TAC colleagues in Dallas, supports service coverage in the US.
- Helps to maintain Tellabs product knowledge database.
- Highly personable, with excellent customer service skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in IT network support or product support role.
- Multicultural Team player with the aptitude and desire to learn and continually improve
- Must be fluent in French and English verbal and written language skills
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- An understanding of OSI Layer 2/3 Ethernet Switching and Routing technologies
- Proven troubleshooting experience with the ability to diagnose and resolve both hardware and software related problems of varying severity and complexity.
- An understanding of Routing technologies and experience supporting mainstream products such as Cisco, Juniper or other.
- Technical background in Optical Fibre infrastructure and Passive Optical LAN