Tellabs Appoints Magellan as Optical LAN Global Service Partner
Dallas, 3rd June 2015. Tellabs and Magellan sign Global Service Agreement. Tellabs Enterprise Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Gigabit, Passive Optical LAN (POL) solutions for business enterprises, communication service providers, education, healthcare, hospitality and government agencies in the United States and internationally. Tellabs™ Optical LAN (OLAN) is the Tellabs branded Passive Optical LAN (POL) solution.
Passive Optical LANs are dramatically faster, more efficient, sustainable, cost effective, scalable and adaptable to future requirements (e.g. next gen technologies like 10 Gigabit Ethernet) than traditional copper-based infrastructure.
Optical LANs eliminate the distance constraints, power requirements and bandwidth limitation issues of copper. Single-mode fiber cable used in Optical LANs can reach 30 kilometers (18 miles) without signal regeneration. Superior bandwidth capacity and reach, combined with lower installation costs (less equipment to install and house), means maximum scalability. They also deliver increased network security as Optical LAN’s are far less susceptible to intrusion than copper.
There is no doubt: This is the future of network infrastructure.
Under the Tellabs – Magellan global partnership agreement signed on 3rd June 2015, Magellan provides ‘white labelled’ Second Level Field Service support for Tellabs`s Optical LAN customers worldwide.
The service provision and global coverage of the service contracts include:
- Technical training. Expertise roll out of Tellabs´s Field Service Optical LAN certification program to Magellan´s Premier Partner network in 145 countries
- Service and maintenance of Optical LAN infrastructure and software with various globally standardised coverage and engineer deployment options – all coordinated centrally via Magellan’s 24x7x365 ‘follow the sun’ Global Service Centre (GSC).
- Spares management and logistics.
- IT Service Management with incident reporting and customer satisfaction rating.
- Preventative maintenance and monitoring, including health checks and software upgrades and updates.
“The partnership between Tellabs and Magellan is a strategic milestone for both parties. Tellabs controls the service quality and their customers receive a consistent and ITIL based service provision globally. The service operation of front edge Optical LAN network technology is another step in our strategy to increase our service scope by assisting emerging IT network technolgy manufacturers to become established globally“ says Robert Lee, CEO and co-founder of Magellan Network Services, based in Singapore.