To download the data sheet please sign up for a free account
- Reduction in network downtime, and related costs, such as productivity, ecommerce and security
- A better, more productive work environment for employees
- Ideal support for machine-to-machine actions to reduce human error
- Industry leading “Path Protection” that proactively monitors, and switches, on many network health variables
To match the degree of high availability that Optical LAN architectures can achieve, a traditional copper-based network would require a meshed design that adds complexity, cabling, ports, cards, switches, IT staff and high costs.
Implement fiber route diversity across a redundant Passive Optical Network to protect real-time services and applications using Type-B PON redundancy. Additionally, as part of the Type-B PON protection, it includes the highest level of availability with the lowest-measured LAN downtime, with redundant OLTs positioned in geographically dispersed locations
Simplicity, and less human touch, all contribute to higher network availability. As a result of greater network up-time, operational efficiencies and security are all improved.
Industry Leading Technology
With PON Path Protection, the system software proactively monitors the path’s health across the network, and if it detects the OLT has lost connectivity to the network, it will automatically switch to protection.
- Minimum base software SR31.2
- For assistance in installing proper software license, please contact a Tellabs representative or email ask@Tellabs.com
- Port PON Protection
- Card PON Protection
- OLT PON Protection
- PON Path Protection
- Tellabs Advanced Availability Software Package OLT1: 81.SR314AAOLT1
The development, release, and timing of features or functionality described for Tellabs’ products remains at Tellabs’ sole discretion. The information that is provided within this data sheet is not a commitment nor legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality.