Services provided to Lufthansa German Airlines include:
- Site audit and LAN design consultancy
- Project Management and installation of LAN infrastructure at 400 Airport, Cargo, Sales and Call Centre locations worldwide.
- Ongoing Web based Infrastructure Management
- To provide this, we mobilised our in-country partners to install, Category 5e / Category 6 structured cabling with single mode or multimode fibre optic backbone cabling at Airport and campus locations. Within Airport Authority controlled areas we performed a consultancy role negotiating with the airport authorities on behalf of Lufthansa’s regional IT Directors.
- Magellan’s central project management team controlled all financial and technical aspects of the installations ensuring delivery of the cabling systems within client-approved budgets and timescales. A full documentation package for each site enabled efficient system commissioning and resulted in a successful global rollout.
When Lufthansa decided to modernise their Passage IT-infrastructure their objectives were to create a stable and secure desktop platform based on a global standard LAN infrastructure solution and to provide the highest quality of ongoing services. With these objectives in mind, they contracted Magellan to design, install and implement the network infrastructure in over 100 countries worldwide.
Using Lufthansa’s specially developed software Platform CAMPUS (Common IT Architecture and Modernisation for Passage Users) – now synonymous with the revamping of EDP equipment and infrastructure for passenger airline business units worldwide – Magellan completed the project within 18 months and ahead of schedule.
The CAMPUS Project involved modernising the desktop technology and supporting network infrastructure at all Lufthansa’s sales, operational and maintenance offices worldwide, bringing over 13,000 users at nearly 400 sites up-to-date with Gigabit speed LAN technology
“Magellan Network Services is, without a doubt, our preferred worldwide operating infrastructure contracted company.”
Project Manager, IT-Infrastructure
Lufthansa German Airlines
Passenger and Cargo Air Transportation